QWA QWA VISION
CONTEXT OF NEEDS IN THE QWA QWA REGION.
- Qwa Qwa is an economically impoverished region in South Africa with many social problems – unemployment. migrant population, high teenage pregnancy rate, low educational level, limited opportunities for development and progress.
- HIV AIDS is impacting family life, leaving many orphans and child led households.
- There are high levels of witchcraft, Satanism and African Traditional religions.
To lead people to the saving knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to engage in various projects of social, moral and spiritual upliftment, for the establishment of the Kingdom of God in the area.
THE BASIC VISION.
- Plant and develop churches in every district, redeeming lives and culture through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Establish a Bible Training School to train, equip and disciple church leaders.
- Develop child and teen care projects
- Partnering with Scripture Union, to teach the SU Life Skills course and to establish SU groups in every school.
THE STRATEGY TO FULFIL THE VISION
- Believing, that God has shown us that united focussed prayer will prevail, we will pray in every possible area, and enlisting as many, like minded people as possible, to join in an international prayer effort.
- To present the vision to interested churches, and individuals in South Africa and beyond.
- To maintain regular newsletter updates – to facilitate prayer, involvement and giving.
- To partner with other churches and organizations, to build and establish the vision, and share in mission initiatives in the area.
- Train and equip local church leadership in the Word of God, and enable them to plant new churches.
- Train people, with the help of Scripture Union, to teach the SU Life Skills Course , and to establish and run SU groups in the schools.
- Finance to secure and renovate the property.
- Equipment for training centre infrastructure: Desks, chairs, copy machine, computers, printers, library, training materials, etc.
- Administrative staff.
CHILD AND TEENS CARE PROJECTS.
Lesang Bana Child Care Centre: Pereng.
- To create a home for orphans based on Christian foundations and principles with Christian care givers.
- The centre will also serve the wider community in the following ways: present the way of salvation, Christian holiday clubs, provide peaceful and adult homework supervision, computer training centre, recreational centre and coffee bar, off-the-street activities for children and teens.
- Establish a church on the property to serve the whole community.
- Finance for buildings, sports fields and recreational facilities.
- Salary support for staff workers, e.g. youth workers and children’s workers.
- Infrastructure – Furniture, household effects, computers, sports equipment.
Youth Centre and Coffee Bar: Lusaka Qwa Qwa.
- To create a home for older orphan girls, based on Christian foundations and principles run by Christian care givers.
- The centre will also serve the wider community of Lusaka in the following ways: present the way of salvation, run holiday clubs, provide a place where homework can be done under adult supervision, computer training centre, an English proficiency course, recreational centre and coffee bar. These are all off street activities for the children and teens.
- Finance to buy a property near the church and to build the centre.
- Salary support for staff e g youth worker, children’s worker.
- Infrastructure – Furnishings, household effects, computers, games, books, and equipment for coffee bar.
YOUTH AND CHILDREN’S CAMPS.
- Establish a camp site on the property where the Training School is situated.
- To run Christian camps to lead people into a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and to teach them to grow up in Christ.
- Finance to renovate the buildings on the site.
- Salary support for camp-site manager and maintenance staff.
- Infrastructure – Furnishings, household effects, equipment for kitchen and hall.
SHORT TERM MISSIONS AND TEAMS.
- To use short term mission teams to provide specialized training in various fields for the community.
- To use short term mission teams to assist with building and maintenance projects.
- Accommodation for mission teams.
- Vehicles to transport mission teams to project locations.