REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUTH AND CHILDREN’S WORKERS
All those who wish to serve in this ministry:
- Must be born again, Spirit filled with the evidence of speaking in other tongues, and walking in close relationship with God, by having daily devotions, including Bible reading and prayer.
- They must be able to lead young people or children into a saving knowledge of Jesus and the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues.
- They must accept the Bible as the inspired word of God.
- They must be in good standing with their local church.
- Their personal lives must be of a high moral standing.
- They need to be people of integrity.
All who desire to serve in this ministry will need to meet the following requirements:
- They must have a love for children or young people. This is essential.
- They must be able to communicate with children or young people in a group or one on one.
- They need to have had some training in children’s work and Sunday School work, or youth work, or have had good experience in their field.
- Children’s workers will be required to start and run Sunday Schools and to train Sunday School teachers.
- Children’s workers will need some experience in running children’s missions or holiday clubs.
- Youth workers will need experience in running youth groups and organising activities for the young people so that they will be occupied with Christian activities that will keep them away from temptation and out of the influence of the taverns.
- It would be good if they have had some Bible training, but not essential, as long as they have a good grasp of the teachings of the Bible and are able to teach these to the children or young people.
- They may be required to supervise the children or the young people while they do their homework.